Panasonic 70-200mm F4 S Pro O.I.S Lens
Covering a versatile and popular range of focal lengths, the Lumix S PRO 70-200mm f/4 O.I.S. from Panasonic is an L-mount telephoto zoom featuring an f/4 constant maximum aperture. A sophisticated optical design is employed, which incorporates a series of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements, to control a variety of aberrations, color fringing, and distortion for sharp, clear, well-corrected imagery throughout the zoom range. Complementing the optics is a unique double focus system, which utilizes both a linear motor and a stepping motor, to provide especially fast and precise focusing performance. Additionally, an Optical Image Stabilizer reduces the effects of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting and the lens sports a weather-sealed design for use in harsh conditions.
- The telephoto zoom lens is specifically designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, but it can also be used with APS-C models. When used with APS-C cameras, it provides an equivalent focal length range of 105-300mm, accommodating various shooting needs.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range.
- One aspherical element minimizes distortions and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range. Additionally, an ultra-high refractive index element ensures edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination is maintained.
- The utilization of one ultra extra-low dispersion element and three extra-low dispersion elements results in a significant reduction of chromatic aberrations and color fringing. As a result, the lens is able to deliver exceptional clarity and color accuracy in the captured images.
- The lens features a double focus system, utilizing both a linear motor and a stepping motor. This combination ensures the autofocus performance is impressively fast, precise, and exceptionally quiet.
- The Optical Image Stabilizer effectively reduces camera shake, resulting in sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, it supports the Dual I.S. and Dual I.S. 2.0 functions, further enhancing stabilization performance for improved image quality.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions down to -14°F.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.