Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro FE
A normal-length prime with close-focusing capabilities, the Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro FE Lens offers an impressive 1:1 maximum magnification. Along with a 6.3″ minimum focusing distance. This creates life-size imagery of close-up subjects. Useful controls, such as a top-printed distance and magnification scale, focus range limiter, and focus hold button. The controls benefit more precise focusing adjustments for refined results. Complementing the handling capabilities, the optical design also incorporates both an aspherical and an extra-low dispersion element. These elements work to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased clarity throughout the focus range. Additionally, the lens sports a dust- and moisture-resistant design to benefit working in inclement weather conditions.
- Standard prime macro lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount cameras, and can be used on APS-C models which provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- True macro design affords a life-size, 1:1 magnification ratio along with a 6.3″ minimum focusing distance for working with close-up subjects. A focusing distance and magnification scale is also printed on the top of the lens to aid in more technical applications.
- One aspherical element and one extra-low dispersion glass element are incorporated into the optical design to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and sharpness.
- A focus range limiter switch allows you constrain the usable focus range between 6.3-11.8″, 11.8″-infinity, or full. A focus hold button is also featured to manually stop the autofocus at a specified point.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions
We recommend for macro using a ring light, which will create even light without lens shadows.