Sony 85mm F1.8 FE
The Sony 85mm F1.8 FE is a sleek short-telephoto lens designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras. The bright f/1.8 aperture benefits this lens’s use in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field. The nine elements, eight groups lens construction includes one extra-low dispersion element to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color accuracy. Benefitting the optical design is a simple layout that incorporates a customizable focus hold button for easy control over the precise focus. The double linear AF motor affords quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance. This motor also offers snappy manual focus performance for fine-tuned control.
- This prime portrait lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. It can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture allows for fine-tuned control over depth of field and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Double linear autofocus motor delivers smooth, precise, and near silent focusing performance to benefit both stills and video applications.
- Customizable focus hold button on lens barrel can be used to hold the focusing position. Or it can be set in-camera to control a variety of additional lens functions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.