Sigma 18-300mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM for Nikon F-mount
Covering a useful wide-angle to super telephoto range, the Nikon F-mount 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM from Sigma is a flexible, all-in-one zoom characterized by its sleek design. As a Contemporary-series lens, this lens prioritizes versatility and compactness, making it well-suited for everyday and travel photography applications. The optical design utilizes a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements to greatly reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range and a Super Multi-Layer Coating also helps to control lens flare and ghosting for high contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, this lens is also adept at close-up shooting with a 1:3 maximum magnification and 1.3′ minimum focusing distance.
Balancing the optical capabilities, this 16.6x zoom also sports a Hyper Sonic Motor, which affords fast and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. An Optical Stabilizer also benefits creating sharp imagery by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. Additionally, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm is featured, which contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- All-in-one zoom is designed for DX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, and provides a 27-450mm equivalent focal length range.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and Four F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Ideal for close-up shooting, this lens offers a 1:3 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.3′ to suit working with nearby subjects.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with a rear focus system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Zoom lock switch helps to prevent accidental and unwanted zoom adjustment.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
Sigma 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Cont… Specs
|Focal Length||18 to 300mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 27 to 450mm)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.5 to 6.3|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Angle of View||76.5° to 5.4°|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:3|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.28′ / 39 cm|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||72 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.11 x 4″ / 79 x 101.5 mm|
|Weight||1.29 lb / 585 g|