Offering several cine-style features not often found in a consumer camcorder, the Panasonic HC-WXF1 4K UHD Camcorder combines 4K UHD capture with support for up to four picture-in-picture video feeds. The HC-VX1’s integrated f/1.8-f/4 24x Leica Dicomar zoom works with the back-illuminated 1/2.5″ MOS sensor to provide optimal imaging, even at lower light levels. Use the HC-WXF1 to record 4K UHD video at 24 or 30 fps, Full HD video at rates up to 1080p 60 fps, and up to 26MP still photos.
In addition to its 3″ flip-out, touchscreen LCD, the HC-WXF1 has an electronic viewfinder (EVF) with a rubber eyecup, enabling you to clearly view your shots, even when shooting outside in bright light. A control ring on the zoom gives you greater creative control over your shots, letting you adjust focus and iris manually. Two quick-access buttons enable you to quickly control functions like white balance, focus peaking, and expanded focus.
A secondary camera built into the LCD screen neatly captures a shot of the user, or an alternate view of your subject or scenery. This Twin Camera can be tilted up or down a total of 40°, and has a limited number of independently-adjustable controls. The secondary image is captured as a PiP shot, and can be displayed along with PiP shots using the Multi-Camera feature for a total of four PiP shots. The wireless Multi-Camera feature enables you to record feeds from up to three smartphones as PiP shots. When using a Class 10 SD card, a separate, clean main camera image can be recorded in addition to the PiP/main-image combo. It is not possible to record the PiP images separately.
The HC-WXF1’s 24x optical zoom lens features a 25 to 600mm 35mm-equivalent focal length, and a 32x Intelligent Zoom in 4K, expanding to 48x in HD. For steadier handheld shooting, the HC-WXF1 features three optical stabilizer technologies, including Panasonic’s HYBRID O.I.S.+, Ball O.I.S., and Adaptive O.I.S. An Active Contrast feature smooths out gradations in high-contrast scenes, and an HDR Movie mode provides a wider dynamic range for more life-like reproductions.
Additional HC-WXF1 features include integrated Wi-Fi, SD/SDHC/SDXC-card recording, and multiple creative-effects modes. The Panasonic HC-WXF1 features an integrated 5.1-channel, wind-shielded zooming microphone for optimal audio capture, and when in Twin-Camera, a Narration mode.
- 4K UHD and Full 1080p HD Recording
- Captures 4K UHD video at 24 or 30 fps, Full HD video at rates up to 1080p/60, and up to 26MP still photos. In-camera audio is recorded using a 5.1-channel, wind-shielded zooming microphone.
- 24x Optical Zoom & 1/2.5″ BSI MOS Sensor
- A Leica Dicomar 24x optical zoom lens (25 to 600mm 35mm-equivalent focal length), and a large 1/2.5″ BSI MOS sensor provide impressive image capture, even in low light. With Intelligent Zoom, a 32x zoom is offered in 4K, and a 48x range in Full HD.
- Twin-Camera & Wireless Multi-Camera Capture
- Record up to four camera angles simultaneously, using the integrated Twin Camera, and up to three smartphones as your additional cameras. Twin- and multi-camera views are displayed in picture-in-picture (PiP) format, and are recorded simultaneously. A clean feed of the main-camera image can be recorded as a backup when recording to a Class 10-speed SD card.
- Advanced Cine-Style Functions
- Pro-style features include an electronic viewfinder (EVF), a manual focus/iris lens ring, and on-camera quick-access buttons.
- Triple Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) Systems
- Three OIS technologies: 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S. Plus, Ball O.I.S., and Adaptive O.I.S work together, providing impressive stability in various shooting situations.
- Active Contrast & HDR Movie Modes
- The Active Contrast feature smooths out gradations in high-contrast scenes, and an HDR Movie mode provides a wider dynamic range for more life-like imagery.